- JOIN OR RENEW
- NATA membership is open to all lawyers and law students. We are committed to providing advocacy-related services to benefit members and their clients.
- MEMBER SERVICES
- NATA is a dynamic organization designed to represent, educate and support its members, and offers numerous benefits to help in your practice.
- CLE & Events Calendar
- NATA sponsors basic and advanced seminars on diverse topics, and offers a number of opportunities for members to network and socialize with their colleagues.
- Legislative Advocacy
- NATA is the only bar association in Nebraska that actively represents the civil trial bar's and consumer's interests in the Nebraska Legislature.
- A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
- As I write this President’s Message, I just recently completed a weeklong medical malpractice wrongful death trial. Sadly, the jury did not see the facts as my client and I had hoped, but my client was appreciative of everything we did for her to make sure she had her day in court. While I was certainly disappointed in the jury’s decision and hated having to make that phone call to my client, I respect the jury’s decision and know that I came away from that trial as a better lawyer, having learned more than I lost and better suited to serve and advocate for my clients going forwards. Upon reflection, not only has this most recent trial allowed me to reflect on the things I could or should have done differently or better, but it also reminded me how my involvement with NATA has benefited my clients and my practice.
NATA is “dedicated to the improvement of the trial practice and preservation of the jury system.” As members of a trial lawyer organization the best thing we can do for our clients, and to preserve the jury system, is to file lawsuits and advance cases to trial. With the COVID 19 pandemic in the rear-view mirror, we all have an opportunity to look at our cases and identify those that should/need to be resolved and those that should/need be tried.
- Read More
NATA 2021 Annual Meeting & Fall Seminar Sponsors